May 2, 2014

Dupe Alert!: NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush "Pinched" & "Red"

So long I have been searching for dupes of Nars famous blushes as I don't see myself buying products from such an expensive cosmetics line. (Hello, still a student here!) But the search is over, all thanks to NYX. The powder blush "Pinched" and "Red" by NYX Cosmetics are claimed by many to be the closest dupes of Nars "Orgasm" and "Exhibit A".

The quality of the powder blushes surprised me even though they are only priced at RM25 each, which is so much cheaper when compared with Nars. They are heavily pigmented (just look at my fingers! Or the brush!), and the powder manages to distribute evenly on my cheeks. "Pinched" comes in a light pink tone with gold shimmers while "Red" is... I know, scarily red in the pan. You'd think you'd only need it on Halloween for costume parties. You're probably right. But! I swear it gives the most flattering rosy colour ever! The key is: A little goes a long way. Yep. Lightly dab the pan and tap off the excess powder to prevent turning into a rag doll. But come to look at my attempt on 'a little goes a long way', perhaps I need more than 'a little'. What do you think?

Note: Sadly "Pinched" and "Red" are not sold in Sephora Malaysia. But 'fraid not, you can always get it on Colours Cosmetics
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment