April 5, 2014

Goodbye HIMYM!



As you have probably know, How I Met Your Mother has finally came to a conclusion on Monday. Many fans are furious because of the finale. Can't say I didn't see that coming - The ending is exactly what the fans have speculated. Albeit feeling a little bit frustrated, I thought this is a just nice conclusion to the 9 year comedy. I completely agree with this article by Heidi Priebe. In it she also mentioned that the role of timing in relationship is the highlight of HIMYM. Even though sometimes the stories in HIMYM are beyond absurd, some part of it is still real. Isn't timing the highlight of our lives as well? 

There was once a boy, we were together for more than a year but the relationship couldn't work anymore. I went to college, I had my priorities; he didn't understand then he went to college as well and we grew apart. If we were together right now but not then, I would had married him with no hesitation. But the timing wasn't right, and sadly that's the end of the story.

It makes me realise that he will always be 'the one', even though I don't love him anymore. Heck, we don't even talk anymore. Yet he will always have a special place in my heart. Sounds cheesy I know, but it's true.

Funny how a comedy makes me think so much on what had happened and what will never happen. Oh well. What's in the past, is in the past. Have a good Friday peeps.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment