March 23, 2015

March Sephora Haul!


You know what? I blame Sephora. They keep shoving us 10% discount vouchers, I feel guilty if I didn't get the chance to use them. So one day I walked into Sephora with a shopping list and a heart full of determination, only to find out that most NYX butter glosses and matte lip creams I wanted were out of stock. What? No!

Well the good news is, Sephora was having a promotion at that time so I ended up getting 15% discount on all purchased items, yay!


First up, I picked up Triple Action Cleansing Water from the Sephora Collection as my friend recommended it to me. I also want to compare it to my HG Bioderma Sensible H2O Micelle Solution as they are actually quite similar except for the price tag. Come on - let's face it, Bioderma is extremely expensive.

I also got a lip product from the Sephora Collection which is their Cream Lip Stain in 04 Endless Purple. It is a wine burgundy red lip cream (sort of like a liquid lipstick) that gives a matte finish and it looks so pretty on my Youtube crush Diana (Easyneon). She used this in one of her tutorials and I know immediately that I had to have this.

Another lippie I picked up is the NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel (BLG08) and I am really loving it so far! It has a lovely peachy-pink tone and it just looks so natural on me. It has definitely become my new favourite MLBB, I'll tell ya that.



Next up, I got my HG Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Setting Spray as I've used up my travel size one which I got from the previous haul. This setting spray - I kid you not - is the bomb. It not only makes my makeup last whole day but also somehow reduce the cakiness and powdery looking feeling. 


I also picked up a sample size Tarte Maracuja Oil while queueing for payment at the counter. That row of mini/travel size products which is strategically located ithere... It always sucks me in like a black hole 'cuz I want to impulse-buy all of them! 

Anyway, this bottle of wonderfulness comes in 0.5 fl oz while the normal size contains 1.7 fl oz. I have heard so much about this so when I saw this standing beside the aisle with a RM50 price tag, I snatched it immediately. Maracuja oil is actally extracted from passion fruit and it contains a large amount of essential fatty acids and vitamins that will help to recharge and replenish our skin, well, at least according to Tarte.

Every night I put 2 drops of this maracuja oil onto my palms and gently rub them against each other. I then massage them into my cheeks which become rather dry due to the rough weather at Taiwan.  So far it doesn't break me out, it absorbs well and it really moisturises my skin. I highly recommend this to anyone with dry skin!



Lastly I picked up two Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed and Blissful. Call me crazy but this is actually my first step in starting my Tarte blushes collection, hee. Well I couldn't resist, they're so pretty and good quality that I am actually thinking of getting either Natural Beauty or Babydoll next. (...Or maybe both?)



Freebies time! Sephora kindly gave me the samples of Fresh Soy Concentrating Eye Makeup Remover, Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream, Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil, Total Age Defy Cream from their house brand..... and a 3-step sample kit from Biotherm Homme.

I mean, I learnt from a video that the whole skincare for men and women are just a common gendered marketing technique but still, seriously? Come on man. Well that aside, definitely looking forward to trying all the samples out! :D

I also received a black and white bedroom slippers for being a black card member. I was initially feeling happy from getting freebies until my mom started shouting at me for accepting shoes during Chinese New Year. Yikes. (Shoes are pronounced the same way as 'evil' in Mandarin and as a part of Chinese culture, it is considered bad luck to accept shoes as gifts during the new year.)
Sorry mom. But thanks anyway, Sephora. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment