September 18, 2014

My evening cleansing routine



Cleansing in my opinion, is the most important step in the entire skin care routine and one should never ever ever skip this crucial routine. Your skin deserves a very thorough cleanse especially you have makeup on every single day, or else you'd end up with a full face of pimples. Urgh.

My routine involves double cleansing, or rather, triple cleansing? You'll see.

To start off with, I usually use Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover to remove any eye makeup. Drugstore wise, Maybelline or L'oreal eye makeup remover is an excellent alternative. I'd normally skip this step if I only have my sunscreen on.

After that, I'd warm up my palms by rubbing them against each other and pump my trusty Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs onto my hand and massage them evenly onto my face. You see, I'm a cleansing milk kind of gal - definitely not a fan of cleansing oil as I dislike the heavy oily residues on my face after using one not to mention that it doesn't give me the squeaky clean feeling. I also tend to avoid makeup wipes by all means due to their reputation of ruining one's skin (try to Google it!) unless desperate measure.

After removing the cleansing milk using lukewarm water, I would cleanse my face again with a facial cleanser - I am using Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleanser for now; it did its job well plus it doesn't break me out.

Last but not least, even after going through eye makeup remover, cleansing milk and facial cleanser, I would again apply Bioderma Sensible H2O Micelle Solution that I got from my Singapore trip with a cotton pad just to make sure that I have gotten every impurity out of my pores. Yes, I am paranoid like that as pimples are my least favourite thing. Plus, you'd be amazed to find that some foundation is still stuck in your pores even after all the cleansing. Trust me. L'occitane Fresh Face Water used to be my favourite product for this particular step but in my humble opinion Bioderma is a much much better option. (What can I say? Bioderma is my HG skincare product.)

You should too try to cleanse your skin even when you have only applied a thin layer of sunscreen for the day. Better save than sorry! Don't wanna clog your pores don't cha?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment