March 9, 2015

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion SPF50+/PA+++



Don't you find it annoying when your foundation melts under the sun? Innisfree Long Wear Cushion debuted last summer to target this exact problem. With Malaysia being hot and humid, I thought I'd test it out and give it a go.

After wearing it for a couple months... I dunno. I have mixed feeling towards it.

Do I like it? Yes.
1. The coverage is good; it has medium but definitely buildable coverage.
2. Light-weighted, feels like nothing on my skin. (FYI, I hate the sticky feeling that heavy foundation usually leaves on my face.)
3. It gives a matte finish.
4. And not to mention that you'd only need roughly 1 to 2 minutes to apply foundation on your entire face.

But why do I feel slightly eh?
1. THE SCENT. The foundation gives off a herbal scent. I usually have high tolerability towards scent but this herbal smell is really really unpleasant.
2. Long wearing? Not quite. It kinds of slide off after 6 to 8 hours so I always have to make sure I apply some powder and a finishing spray to set it.
3. It gradually oxidised so my face always looks kinda dull at the end of the day.
4. Only 3 shades available. I know this is a common problem within Korean cosmetics but still. Come on man.
5. Looks cakey and powdery on my dry cheeks.

You are probably screaming at me after reading #5. "It targets people with oiler skin!" I know I know. But I was sold when it states that it gives a matte finish.
So if you have dry skin or you are looking for a dewy finish, this is probably not the one for you. (You can opt for Water Glow Cushion instead.)

Should you give it a try? Yes.
Do I like it? It has its flaws but I really like it and I can work my ways around it.
But is it a Holy Grail foundation for me? Probably not.
Perhaps I should try Water Glow Cushion next time.

Ah well. The search continues.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment