June 12, 2014

Za Total Hydration BB Cream UV


Thumbs up for my butt chin!

Hey guys. So you might probably notice that I have bought a BB cream in my May makeup haul post. Personally I am not a big fan of BB cream as I found that the formula is a little bit too sticky and thick even on my dry-combination skin. (But then to be honest, I am not a liquid foundation person as well due to the same reason.)

Anyhow, I was looking for a tinted moisturiser a couple weeks ago as I've been looking like a movie extra from Walking Dead (due to my hectic schoolwork, boo). Some that are available in Malaysia like Laura Mercier, Tarte and Stilla are either waaaay too expensive or that the reviews are mixed. 

I guess most of you must be familiar with Za. It is a sub-brand owned by Shiseido and the most popular product of this line is no doubt the Two Way Foundation which is also my favourite powder foundation. So when I came across this BB cream in the drugstore, I bought it immediately even without swatching.

I gotta say, this BB cream definitely wipes away all the negative thoughts that I used to have on BB cream. Made in Taiwan, Za Total Hydration BB Cream UV is definitely hydrating as suggested by its name and what's better is that it comes with a SPF 43/PA+++. It is so suitable for daily use, I normally apply this on my face after toning as a moisturiser. I really like the texture as well; it is very light-weighted and it doesn't feel very heavy on my face, like how you can feel the foundation is on your face (like paint) even after applying it for a few hours, SO thick you can feel that your pores are screaaaaming for help. (If you know what I mean.) Also, judging from my face and the swatch photo in which I blended the cream on top of a line drawn with eyeliner, the coverage is expectedly light as it is just a BB cream instead of a heavy-duty foundation. However the down side is that not all people are suitable to use this product as it only comes with a shade, boo. Thankfully the colour blends well with my skin tone and it does not oxidise after applying, I don't intend to look like a zombie, ya'noe. 

Overall, for a product that is able to make my face looks glowy and dewy (in other word - not overly shiny! Oily face grinds my gears), not to forget that it comes with high SPF and a hydrating formula and most importantly it is priced at RM26.90 (for 20g of product), I will definitely purchase this again!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment