January 19, 2015

Old vs. New: Sunprise Cotton Touch Powder Cream vs. Sunprise Natural Corrector


People often neglect it but sunscreen is the most important product in one's daily skincare routine - I can't stress that enough. It is why I seldom step out of the house without slapping on some sunscreen. Not because I am a vampire, even though I am a nocturnal creature.

Sunprise Cotton Touch Powder Cream is my HG sunscreen. It is cream-based and comes in lilac colour (to balance out yellow undertones), and it gives a powdery finish when it is applied on face. What I love about this product is that it compliments my combination skin type - it doesn't break me out nor makes my T-zone oily unlike other sun protection products. I also used it as a primer before putting on my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. It also doesn't leave a sticky feeling on my face, which is one of my major pet peeves in terms of sunscreen.

Imagine how I felt when I found out that it was discontinued. (It is still available on Etude House's website but it is somehow not on retail. Why?)

So in the end I got Sunprise Natural Corrector instead.
It comes with the same SPF 50+/PA+++ and the prices are almost similar (I believe, don't quote me on that though as I got both of them on discounts).

Sadly, the similarities end here.

Unlike Cotton Touch Powder Cream, Sunprise Natural Corrector is liquid based and comes in a light apricot colour. The watery texture leaves an unnoticeable white cast if blending is not done properly. And due to the fact that it's liquid based, I often have to set my face with powder afterwards to avoid oily T-zone and also because of that sticky feeling that I can't seem to tolerate, urgh. It can also be used as a makeup base even though I normally opt for Benefit Porefessional for that part instead.

So is the new one as good as the old one? A million times no.
Please bring back Sunprise Cotton Touch Powder Cream, Etude House, I beg of you.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment