July 30, 2014

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation


Thumbs up for sleepy no-makeup face! Not to mention the ungroomed brows pardon me people.

... Back to the main topic.I hope you know how I feel - Seeing bloggers/Youtubers raving about certain cosmetics line but oh wait! It isn't available in Malaysia (cue: Rimmel London, e.l.f., Sleek etc.) but thankfully Bourjois has been here since June - the first store being in Sunway Pyramid which is conveniently close to where I stay. What did I do? I picked up the famous foundation immediately without hesitant!

Priced at RM 59.90 (it was on sales when I got it though), the foundation smells like fruits in a pleasant way - obviously since it is claimed that the product is enriched with fruit therapy formula. The shade I got is #51 (Vanille claire/light vanilla), which I find a little bit lighter than my skin tone, even though the sales assistant told me that the foundation will oxidised and hence a lighter shade would be a better choice. Not. It didn't oxidise on me (good news?) so I have to bronze my face up after putting on the foundation. Meh. Lesson of the day: Trust your first instinct, people.

I find that the coverage is positively medium and buildable, as some redness and blemishes on my face are visibly reduced and surprisingly even my dark circles (although I have slapped on some concealer on the picture taken above)! I first dotted the product with my fingers on my face before buffing it using my Zoeva brush.

Texture wise, the product is watery and it sinks pretty well into my skin after applying. And thankfully, no sticky after-feeling (one of my major pet peeves!). I did not set it with powder after wearing it but it managed to last quite a long time - perhaps not as long as Bourjois claimed (16 hours - ain't nobody got time for that!). However it turned a little flaky especially around my chin and under my eyes after 8 hours which is kind of unfortunate. And weird. It has never happened on me before. Perhaps my face is simply dehydrated thanks to my nocturnal schedule.

Overall, I really like the product - Very easy to blend, light weight but able to provide good coverage nonetheless, long lasting, and I secretly love the fruity scent. And oh! The foundation is packaged inside a glass bottle (oh so fancy!) so you might wanna be careful, especially clumsy people like me!

Fun fact: Do you know that Bourjois is a sister brand of Chanel (cosmetic line)?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment