August 6, 2014

e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia


I'll admit it. I have a problem. I'm addicted to bronzers and blushes, especially when they are dupes of Nars products. I have to. I got to. You feel me?

e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia is claimed by many to be the dupes of Nars' Orgasm and Laguna. It is retailed at USD3 as it is a studio line and I got it for SGD9.90 during my short trip to Singapore.

And I really, really like the duo. A lot. I may have fell in love with it. The blush gives me a healthy peachy glow and it looks very natural on my cheeks. The matte bronzer on the other hand, is quite powdery when I swatched in on my hand which got me worried for a few minutes. But it turned out pretty okay on my cheeks. What I can say about the bronzer is - A little goes a very, very long way. I picked up too much powder on my first try (as I was too used to my Rimmel bronzer which I got in a wrong shade) and the end result was not flattering. At all. But thank God for the existence of a big fluffy brush - You can always count on it to blend the cheek contour colours.

No complains about the packaging! The exterior is a matte black plastic (like Nars, surprise surprise) and it even comes with a mirror! I know some people have commented about how the matte plastic have picked up dusts and powder residues after quite some time but hey, I'm not complaining - USD3 and a good quality blush/bronzer duo? What more can you ask for?

I can't really comment on the dupes claim as I own neither Orgasm or Laguna. I do however have the NYX powder blush in 'Pinched' which is also said to be a dupe for Orgasm. Judging from the swatches, the blush of the e.l.f. duo has a more peachy tone and less shimmer comparing with 'Pinched' while 'Pinched' is more pinkish with a golden tone.

Generally, e.l.f. blush/bronzer duo is highly pigmented, looks natural and flattering on face, travel friendly (you'll only need to bring a compact instead of two products!), and most importantly, good quality and dirt cheap. One of the cons I can think of is the staying powder - It merely lasts for a few hours! (Less than 5, I can say.) And also the fact that e.l.f. is not available in Malaysia. Major boo.

Momma wants some e.l.f. here, okay?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment