March 17, 2014

[Book Club!] Before I Go To Sleep





"What are we, if not an accumulation of our memories?"

I first heard about Before I Go To Sleep on a Taiwanese entertainment show as recommended by the celebs and so I mentally added this novel onto my to-read list. I picked it up from the book store nearly a month ago yet I only managed to finish the book just recently. (Procrastination. What's new?) And boy every page is thrilling. I finished reading the book in 4 hours as I couldn't put the book down.

The book revolves around a woman who suffers from amnesia and she wakes up everyday with no memory except for her name and bits of her childhood/young adult memory. She was shocked when she found out that she is 47 years old and is married to a man whom she does not recognise or remember at all. She then starts writing journal to record everything she learns throughout a day, following a doctor's advise; and from here secrets slowly uncovered. 

I absolutely enjoy reading this novel and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys suspense novels, albeit the ending could have been less sloppy. But hey, in my opinion this is still a brilliant work consider the fact that it is Watson's debut novel.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment