April 27, 2015

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in: Exposed & Blissful


Am I the last one to board the Tarte blusher choo choo train? Seems like it, yikes.

Let's start off with Blissful, which looks a little bit like Nars Orgasm -- sans the glitters of course. It has a rosey-pink tone and it looks amazing - a very natural, pinkish glow.
But what really impressed me is Exposed, which has been a cult favourite since like forever, yet I only managed to lay my hands on it recently.
And fortunately it does live up to the hype! I was initially worried and even sceptical -- 'cuz let's be honest here, first off, the colour shown on the pan is meh. Plus the pigmentation doesn't look that great on swatches, and what if the nude-beige tone won't show up on my medium skin tone?
But surprisingly, it somewhat looks flattering on my cheeks; I have never come across a blusher that looks so natural. It gives a sun-kissed, healthy glow and what everyone said about Exposed are true -- It goes along with every kind of makeup. Ever since I purchased it, Exposed has been my absolute favourite and I always throw it off on my cheeks even on work days. It is indeed a subtle, not-over-the-top, no-makeup-makeup blusher.

One thing about Tarte Amazonian Clay blushers is that it shows up crappy on swatches; it's not buttery, it's not pigmented, it's not even powdery -- it's mediocre. And flat.
You'd probably look at the swatches and wonder to yourself, will the pigmentation even show up on my skin with this kind of crappy texture? But let me tell you, a little goes a long way. Don't make a mistake that I did -- I underestimated the pigmentation and I ended up having clown cheeks. I have definitely learnt my lesson. So trust me people, the colour will definitely show up on your cheeks even with a light swirl on the pan, no worries. Light handed is the key!

Oh, I forgot to mention... I kind of impulse-purchased another Tarte blusher in a recent Zalora haul as well. Hee. But until next time! x
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment