November 2, 2014

Thank You



Yesterday was All Saints' Day. It was also my birthday.
I am not the most faithful person - I skip church most of the times, with the excuse that I'm too far away from home and the Catholic churches here are unfamiliar to me; I forget to say prayers before sleep, and strictly speaking, before and after meal.

But it was All Saints' Day, and my birthday, and also because I was overwhelmed by all these emotions inside me that needed to be released.
My heart urged me to be near to Him, and so I followed.

I am thankful to be able to celebrate my 23rd birthday, and that I only have a little obstacles in my life growing up.
I am also thankful to have friends that celebrate my big day with me; old friends that remember my birthday, as well as those that have wished me using the traditional method by picking up the phone to call me, even though social media is obviously the easiest and effortless way.
And most importantly, I'm grateful that I have a family that loves and supports me unconditionally.

I am not the best person - I am full of flaws, and sometimes I can be extremely difficult to deal with. (OK, probably most of the times).
But I am glad to have a bunch of people that choose to stick with me, even after learning my imperfection and have decided to sail with it.

Thank you for accepting the way I am, thanks for not giving up on me, and thanks for celebrating my 23rd birthday with me.
All the thoughts and efforts are deeply appreciated, and I will keep them close to my heart.


P/s: My dear friend made the chocolate cake on the right. Isn't she talented? x

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment