October 22, 2014

Au revoir! Till we meet again.



It has been a rough week for me. Mentally and physically.

First off, I caught a cold on Sunday night which eventually progressed into a flu. Me. She who never gets sick. Now let's hope the fever won't kick in.

Secondly, someone very dear to me at work resigned. And her departure breaks me.
How should I categorise her? She is my superior at work, a friend after 5, and most importantly a mentor to me. Funny how we only know each other for 3 months but I feel like I've known her forever. She's that kind of person that makes one feel really comfortable around her. I feel safe around her. Like even if the sky is falling she'd figure something out and we'll survive anyway. Sounds like I'm exaggerating but it is exactly how I feel around her. I guess she's sort of like a big sister to me too.
We're standing on different continent right now - Literally. Perhaps this is what breaks me. That we might not see each other again. Monday was her last day at work. The day that came too soon and the moment I dreaded so much since I learnt her departure. Can you imagine how hard to hold back tears? Needless to say, I failed. I had to refrain myself from sobbing like a maniac the whole time, not until I caged myself in my car. I had a good cry on the way home from work, as if I have just broken up with a lover. I know, I sound crazy. All motorists that passed by me must have thought I'm crazy too. But I can't help it.
I hate goodbyes. I'm horrible at goodbyes - I simply do not know how to deal with them.
Work just feels so different now. I feel so lost without her. She was our anchor, our beacon and guidance; even co-workers from other department depended on her. But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it.

But I wish her well - She'll shine and excel anyway. Because she's awesome like that.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment