January 22, 2014

What's in my makeup bag

20140121-午後080856.jpg

"Once upon a time there was light in my life, but now there's only love in the dark..."Currently listen to Total Eclipse of the Heart. That's also how I feel when 95% of this complete blog post is gone after I insert 1 photo. 1 PHOTO! *RAGE* AND NOW I HAVE TO RETYPE. *extracting words from memory*

Anyway. I guess the title is pretty obvious. Let’s start from the foundation.
Face:

1. ZA Perfect Fit Two-Way Foundation SPF20 PA++ in OC10
2. Skin 79 Super Plus Blemish Balm SPF25 PA++ VIP Gold

I have another one that I left in PJ which is The Skin Food White Grape Fresh Foundation that I got from Tami as a 19 or 20? y/o birthday gift (Gosh how time flies!). Anyway, TSF foundation is great. An interesting point is that it is horribly white on my face when apply but it kinda blends and looks natural after a few minutes. Thank God. I don’t wanna scare people away. It also gives me porcelain skin. However it feels heavy on my face and I need to put on loose powder to avoid a sticky and oily look.

Skin 79 BB cream is fine, it’s a gift from my sister-in-law. The downside is that the coverage is medium and it does not brighten up my face… My face looks rather dull even after applying. What's the point of applying a foundation when it does nothing to your face? But I still use it sometimes just for the sake of finishing it 'cuz I hate to waste. ZA two way foundation has been around for ages and almost everyone who used it says it’s good. Shame to say that I only got on the bandwagon recently (a few months ago to be exact) but it has since then became my favourite. Why? It gives good coverage, matte finish, lasts for a long time and not to mention it’s easy to apply. It’s my to-go foundation and I even introduce it to my mom!

20140121-午後080913.jpg

Brows:

1. Koji Dolly Wink Eyebrow Pencil in #03 Chocolate Brown
2. Silky Girl Natural Brow Pencil in #02 Dark Brown
3. Kanebo Kate Eyebrow Colour N in LB-1

Concealer:

1. L'oreal True Match Touche Magique Anti-fatigue and Illuminating Concealer - Smoothing Effect in Ivory Beige
2. Revlon Photoready Concealer in #003 Light Medium

Eyelashes:

1. Shu Umera Eyelash Curler

Silky Girl brow pencil is my first brow pencil! *feeling nostalgic* However it didn't match my hair colour after I dyed it a year ago so I got Koji brow pencil in Japan for roughly RM20+ (lower than retail price in Malaysia) to replace it. But my hair got even lighter in the past few 6 months so I bought an eyebrow mascara to make my brows lighter to get along with my hair. Before I bought this brow mascara, I was considering to buy either Kate's or Kiss Me's but eventually I got the current one after seeing Pony using one in her videos.

L'oreal concealer pen is expensive, don't think I'll repurchase after finishing this as it does not worth the price. The brush is stiff and the application is lousy... The liquid doesn't come out after a few rotations. I only use it under my eyebags and above my cheekbone as a highlighter, when I feel like it.

As for Shu Umera eyelash curler, everyone says it's a must buy and I didn't understand all the hypes about it until I own one. It's really amazing! It fits my lids so well that I have no problem curling all my lashes. I got it at Haneda airport at 1800 Yen (RM57)... Wait for it...2 pairs! Which means it was only RM28.50 for one! How can I not buy it??
20140121-午後080918.jpg

Eyelashes:

1. Dejavu Fiberwig Paint-On False Lashes Extra Long

Eyes:

1. Silky Girl Big Eye 2-in-1 Eyeliner in #02 Brown Milk
2. Dejavu Perfect Liner
3. Anna Sui Pencil Eye Liner WP in #500 Chocolate Brown
4. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel


I once owned a gel  liner from Maybelline (I think it's Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner) and it was good as the colour was intense and long-lasting but I got tired of cleaning the brush every time I finished using it so I gave it to my friend. Since eye liner is a part of my "shit I just woke up! Must put on makeup within 5 minutes!" routine, gel liner was a hassle for me and hence my obsession with pencil/liquid eye liner.

Anna Sui pencil eye liner is the bomb! I normally use it to tight line my eyes and it doesn't smudge even after a long day. I bought it in Haneda airport for 1500 Yen (RM48) under my friend's persuasion. Now I see why she strong recommended it. As for the 2-in-1... I bought it solely for the white tip. Yep. I have not use the brown end even for once. *guilty* Perhaps I'll use it the next time. Anyway, I use the white tip to draw my lower eye lines as taught by Michelle Phan to make my eyes look larger. Because Chinese has small eyes. Or I have small eyes. Boo. :( I have another white eye liner from Maybelline but it doesn't do anything not to mention it is blunt so I kinda gave up on it.

I bought Dejavu mascara on my friend's recommendation. She said it enhances the lashes and makes it longer and it really does! An eye liner came along with the macara for free and I loved the eye liner initially - The tip was sharp and flexible not to mention the colour was rich, making the drawing of wing eye lines so much easier. But then it turned me into a panda, also the eye liner dried up only after a couple usage, I had to apply a few strokes for a jet black line. Boo.

20140121-午後080905.jpg

Eyes:

1. MAC eyeshadow in Gesso
2. Shiseido Majolica Majorca Frozen Splash Eyes in GD821 Reflection

Cheek:

1. Revlon New Complexion Loose Face Powder in #02 Translucent
2. The Body Shop Baked-To-Last Bronzer in #01 Golden Bronze
3. Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Healthy Luminous Blush in N00 Soft Mauve


Since I already have an eye palette, I only own two extra eye shadows. Gesso is normally used as a highlighter for my brow bones and nose bridge while I apply MM frozen splash eyes all over my crease before I put on the other eye colour. However it is too shimmery for my liking so I only use it once in a blue moon. Okay new year's resolution: Apply more of this golden shimmering cream eye shadow!

TBS bronzer is my first bronzer ever and it's rather expensive (RM69). However it can't seem to hit the bottom after so many years of usage so I guess the price is okay-ish. It's quite shimmery so it kind of scares me a little. I've been eyeing a matte one (ie. MAC) but then I thought it's kind of unnecessary to purchase another one since the current one takes forever to finish. On the other hand this Maybelline blush that comes in a mauve-pink tone is my absolute favourite! The colour gives a natural glow and makes my skin looks so healthy. I also bought one in a similar colour at TBS when I purchased the bronzer but unfortunately the blusher didn't last for a long time and the colour kinda disappeared after a few hours so I gave it to my mom since she needed one. As for the loose powder... Urgh, where to begin? First off, I hate the packaging. The powder flies out every time I open it and the powder ends up on everywhere! My hair, clothes and even the table. Messy messy messy. But all loose powder kinda come in this form so perhaps I shouldn't complain. Secondly, the puff! Hate it! Unhygienic and only gives minimum coverage. I have then replaced it with a kabuki brush I got from TBS at a discount price (50% off!). I love the powder nonetheless, it performs its job wonderfully by giving my face a matte finish and it lasts a long time.

20140122-午前021803.jpg

Lastly, 2 Estee Lauder palettes that are given by my sister-in-law.

On the left:

All Over Face Powder
Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick - #161 Pink Parfait
Go Pout LipColor - #04 Pouty Plum and Golden Shimmer

On the right: 

Pure Color EyeShadow - #10 Ivory Box, #13 Pale Moo, #60 Tea Biscuit, #63 Mocha Cup, #23 Berry Ice, #55 Chocolate Chip, #42 Mint Ice, #44 Camouflage and #32 Blue Sphere
Blushing Natural Cheek Color - #08 Potpourri Passion and #18 Tawny Desire


The face powder contains glitters (deal breaker!) and the lip colours are too bold for my liking not to mention the shades are a little bit frosty (another deal breaker). I kind of hid this palette in one of my drawers until today much to my horror. I guess I'll try to use it now and then to stop wasting things. :(

The eye shadows look gorgeous (and the names are so cute!) but the colours are too bold for daily usage except for a few neutral shades. Sadly they aren't long-lasting on my lids so I don't use them often. The blushes on the other hand, are among my favourites especially #08 Potpourri Passion. The colour reminds me of summer and Miami plus the tangerine tone makes me look like I have just stepped from of a sun-tanning session. Love love love!

Okay, here goes my what's in my makeup bag post. Hopefully Wordpress won't fail me and make my post magically disappear again. Till then!


x Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment