January 25, 2014

Fixing splitting nails

Image
Split nail? Problem solved![
My nails are so fragile they're pain in the arse. The nails of my thumb and index finger tend to split for no reason while the others are fine and strong. Lack of Calcium? I have no idea.

Anyway, my thumb nail cracked several days ago after I tried to pile open a drawer using it. I blame my stupidity. And since I have a manicure appointment on the weekend, I opted to fix it (note: attach it back to the nail bed) so the manicurist can trim it nicely 'cuz I normally would just peel it off. F my nail's L.

So as usual I googled the how to and it is fairly simple.
All you need is 1. base coat 2. tea bag 3. scissors 4. toothpick.
Basically what you need to do is

  1. Cut the tea bag so a piece of the tea bag fabric is big enough to cover your split spot.

  2. Once you're done with that, apply a layer of base coat on top of your nail and put the fabric on it before the base coat is dried off.

  3. Next, use the toothpick to even out the fabric to prevent any bubbles from forming underneath it.

  4. Apply another layer of base coat (or 2) once it's dry.

More on how to fix your splitting nails: click me!

You're welcome.

x Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment