February 16, 2015

Soap & Glory Mini Haul: It's All About the Powders! - Solar Powder, Glow All Out & One Heck of a Blot!


Solar Powder - £11
Glow All Out - £11
One Heck of a Blot - £12

A few months ago my good friend Kelly was at the UK and I thought I'd take the chance for some guilty purchase. Yup. Soap & Glory. The packagings are simply too hard to resist. I mean, look at them! They're so cute! Anything with vintage theme will always be my soft spot.

I'm going to start off with my least favourite -- although I was really looking forward to trying this as I heard so many good things about it -- The Solar Powder. It consists of 2 tones - 1 lighter and 1 darker but for me it is generally too light even for my skin tone. It barely shows up on my face! *pouts* It is also not as pigmented as I thought; I needa swatch a few times more until it shows a hint of colour on the back of my hand. Boo. So now I will only reach out for this if I simply want to bronze up my face to prevent looking like a pale-faced zombie, which is good in a way that I won't have to worry going too over the top and risk having cheeks and forehead that look as if I just got punched by Mike Tyson.

Glow All Out on the other hand, does its job well. Albeit the shimmery looks pretty intense upon swatching, it looks fairly natural on my cheekbone and emits a beautiful glow, perhaps due to the peachy tone. 

As for the translucent powder... I love my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. It's cheap, it does what it says so I'm content. But , unlike One Heck of a Blot, it sometimes cake me up and gives me dry patches if I'm not careful enough during the application (light is the key!) even when I only apply it around my oily T-zone. Also, packaging wise, One Heck of a Blot is much sturdier when compared with Rimmel powder's flimsy lid, so it is more travel friendly as it is stored in a round compact. The puff is of no help as it is just a thin sponge so I usually dust the powder either with my e.l.f powder brush or a huge kabuki brush I got from the Body Shop. 

Good job Soap & Glory (ignoring the bronzer though). And thank you Kelly! <3
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment