July 9, 2013

Dumb and dumber shopping for a cooking pot

So my boyfriend and I had lunch at a mall some days ago and I wanted to buy a mini cooking pot that can satisfy my instant noodles crave. We finally saw a stainless steel pot which is in the right size in a store and I was wondering whether does it work on an induction stove as the place I’m currently renting only have 2 little induction cookers (meh but they have their advantages - landlord wouldn’t need to worry about the gas constantly). Last I remembered, my dad once tried to cook instant noodles (it’s a family thing) using a RM5 Daiso aluminium pot and the water couldn’t even warm up. So I googled it with my phone and turned out induction cooker works with anything that has magnetic properties including stainless steel and of course, excluding aluminium. But being an unfaithful person that always has doubt, I told my boyfriend that we should search for a magnet anyway to double confirm, just being careful and all. So both of us were searching high and low throughout the little store for a magnet. And I found one on a door of a steel cabinet (even smaller than a penny). But the magnet was too small comparing with the pot but my boyfriend told me he felt a little attraction (lol). So I bought the pot in the end.

I think the people working there might be thinking, wtf are these 2 monkeys doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment